Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Items 1/14

We have a couple in our church who somehow receives day-old bread from a local bakery and "can't sell" produce from I don't know where and routinely distributes bread and produce to our members after church.

This week we scored twice!

Tuesday night was bread. I was given two bags worth, plus a bagette. The bags included small French loafs, sourdough rounds, pumpernickel bread and a big loaf of nutty multi-grain bread. We ate some and I froze some.

Thursday night was produce. I brought home a 3lb bag of Cuties, two heads of lettuce and four pints of grape tomatoes. I gave one head of lettuce and a pint of tomatoes to my dad. The other was made into a salad at dinner. Nothing tastes as good as FREE!!

Also received another $20 in Rewards Dollars from Babies R Us for a total of $58! This is just for swiping our Rewards card at the register before paying; they had quadruple rewards during Christmas season. Three out of our four children have birthdays coming up in February and March, so we are going to use the Rewards Dollars to buy their birthday gifts.

We are at this very moment waiting for the babysitter to arrive so that we can go on a date to Toys R Us and Starbucks!! Love free stuff!!!!

No comments: