Breakfast for myself & Jim was leftover chicken pot pie. It needed to get eaten and it's good, so hey. The kids have been eating the pancakes that I made in bulk on Saturday (did I mention that?) and froze. It's so time consuming at the moment, but really pays off later.
Lunch was a tuna sandwich for me. Used some of that celery that's going bad. I need to chop it up and freeze it.
I discovered today that Katelyn hardly ate any of her lunch yesterday, so I had to throw away a go-gurt. I need to make sure that have them check their lunch boxes as soon as they get home so we don't waste food.
Dinner tonight will be Easy Pepper Steak since I have so many peppers. I'm going to substitute ground beef for the steak, though, as I haven't bought any other meat in quite awhile. I'm going to make the gravy from scratch, too. Served over rice will be quite tasty.
I made Choc-oat chip cookies. I didn't want to use the last of my white sugar, so I used all brown sugar instead. I can't taste a difference.
I also decided to use the last of the Sam's eggs and try deviled eggs again. This time I used the big pot that I used on Saturday. I also decided to try to peel them right away. What do you know...they peeled easily. For some reason I thought it was better to let them cool. So, I have a dozen deviled eggs cooling in the fridge now. Katelyn will be happy.
I have to throw out two chicken legs that were left over from last Friday. I was going to try to rinse them and pull the chicken off, but it disgusted me, so I tossed them. Bad me.
I have chicken defrosting, so tomorrow will be something chicken.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment