Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesday

Didn't do much :) Love those kind of days. Who knew a newborn could keep a person so busy?

The deviled eggs that I tried to make for Katelyn didn't turn out. The whites were yucky. I think it's the pot that I used. Everytime I try to do something that requires sticking the lid on, it doesn't work. And that lid is supposed to be "oh-so-special." Whatever. I was able to salvage the yolks, so I just make egg salad. Katelyn ate one sandwich, but declared that it wasn't as good as deviled eggs. I ate the rest for breakfast. Eggs, bacon, cheese, yeah that works.

Jim was really craving pizza today, but I was able to head him off. I told him we would order pizza when our stimulus payment comes in. Instead I made "pizza eggs" for dinner ;) I pulled out a baggie of frozen bell peppers (I'm so proud of myself for doing that), and added a mini red pepper from the bag I bought at Sam's and cut up some onion. Sauted that and then scrambled eggs into it. Topped it with mozzarella cheese (since I have a pound from WIC!). It was delicious. I rounded out the meal with fried potatoes, bacon (2 pieces each), toast and applesauce. Side note: It amazes me that my kids will eat applesauce at dinner, but not in their lunches?!?!

No comments: