Today I'm going to make enchiladas. It's almost a free meal because I'm going to use leftovers for the filling.
After I stuffed the tacos last night I noticed that we still had about a fourth of the taco meat left. I figured that instead of over-stuffing the tacos, I would use it for another meal. So, I set the meat aside. After dinner, I added the leftover rice (about half). It looks like a bunch. I will add a can of corn and make enchilada sauce using the hillbillyhousewife recipe. Defrost another packet of corn tortillas, and we will have yummy enchiladas.
I also need to cut up the peppers that I bought and get them into the freezer before they go bad. The celery, too. Hopefully Jason will let me!
I noticed that we are almost out of chips already. We only bought two bags and Jim loves chips, so I guess that makes sense. The kids are going throught the Austin crackers fast, too. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to make to fill in that gap. Maybe muffins...
Jackpot!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment