Saturday was group fellowship, so I didn't have to worry about dinner. We were instructed to bring an appetizer and a dessert. I decided to make deviled eggs and lemon bars. The deviled eggs were actually Bacon-Cheddar Deviled Eggs from Taste of Home. They were delicious! Katelyn tried one and like it, so I'm making more for her today. I'd be thrilled if she really does wind up liking them. The lemon bars are the hillbillyhousewife recipe and those were all gone, too.
I made macaroni and cheese and fish sticks for lunch. Cooking lunch for the kids at home is so much easier than packing lunches. I'm glad that we are heading to summer; that might help our grocery budget. Then again, with all the snacking that goes on, it may not.
Sunday is Jubilee which makes the schedule a little different than normal. We will actually be here for lunch. I think I'll make spaghetti. I'm waffling on meat or no meat, but I think I'll go no meat. I really don't want to use any, it tastes good without it, and Tyler doesn't like the meat. So, that decision is made.
I think I'll try this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Beef--n--Bean-Torta to have in the crockpot for when we get home. That will make the no meat spaghetti a better option, too. I have all of the ingredients, including homemade flour tortillas in the freezer. I'll get all of them out and we can eat the leftovers with refried beans. Yum!
I have no-bake cookies cooling right now so that will fill our desert hole for a couple of days.
I'm almost out of milk, so I'm going to go tomorrow and use my first WIC checks. I'm looking forward to getting the 1 lb of beans. I think I'm going to get kidney beans and cook them up and freeze them. Then I can use them for chili and such.
That's all for now.
Jackpot!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment