Today we are going to my dad's for dinner to celebrate his birthday. We're having prime rib! So, I don't have to worry about dinner. But I do have to worry about food:
1. Funeral today. Was called to make a dessert. I chose Lemon Bars (HBHW recipe) because it's easy, good, and I have the ingredients. It's done and in the fridge.
2. Taking a chocolate cake to my dad as my gift. I use the Hershey's Perfect chocolate Cake recipe. It is so yummy! That's done and cooling.
3. Group fellowship is this weekend. We have to bring an appetizer and a desert. Desert is easy; I'll make lemon bars again. I stressed over the appetizer and was going to make a bacon and cheese puff recipe, but then I saw all my eggs and decided to make deviled eggs. I bought five dozen eggs at Sams, plus I'll get another dozen when I cash my WIC check, so I have plenty of eggs. I'll get to use my Pampered Chef egg holder thingie, too. :)
We are almost out of bread already. Next month I think I'll buy four loaves if I have room in the freezer. So, now I'll have to rely on other types of bready products. The bread machine bread is good, but doesn't stay soft, so doesn't do well in lunch boxes.
Next week is CAT testing at school, so I know I'll be asked to bring foods. I think I'll make muffins and maybe send the bag of Apple Dapples that hasn't been opened yet and a jug of our WIC milk. I can also make cookies. I wish I had fruit to send but I'll have to let someone else pick up that ball.
The hamburger buns need to yet eaten so I think I'll plan on sloppy joes for tomorrows dinner with home-made french fries.
Jackpot!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment