Had the leftovers for lunch today.
Speaking of lunches, the kids lunches are sooo difficult. I'm seriously considering investing in some of those metal food containers and trying to find some better insulated lunchboxes for next year so that I can send more hot foods. I sent speaghetti with Katelyn today in one of the cheap containers that I bought, but I feel bad knowing that her food will be luke-warm.
Tyler asked for jello, so I made it and put some in his lunch. I wish that kid would eat more foods.
Jim and I went to Fry's today and I cashed my first WIC check. I got:
- 3 gallons of milk
- 1 lb of mozzarella cheese (I still have plenty of cheddar)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 48oz containers of Apple Juice
- 2 18ox boxes of Cheerios
The total was $31. I still have one check left for this month, plus Jason's formula checks. That's about $100 worth of food. Thank God for WIC!
I'm going to send the cereal, juice, and milk next week for CAT testing.
I also picked up bread, fruit, crackers and pretzels. Jim bought Doritos--he's the boss!
Finally, I got three pcks of diapers. Thank you, Mom, for those gift certificates!!!
Tonight we will have Old-Fashioned Pot Pie using leftover turkey meat. I made this a few weeks ago and everyone loved it. Probably serve green beans with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment