Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BBQ Country-Style Ribs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Last night I made BBQ Country-Style Ribs for dinner.

My recipe is quite simple:
  1. Place the ribs in a dish.
  2. Cover with foil.
  3. Bake at 325 for 2 hours.
  4. Uncover and slather with your favorite BBQ sauce.
  5. Bake another 30 minutes.

This makes wonderful, fall-off-the-bone ribs.

We've been eating this a lot lately due to recent sales.

And frankly, we're a little sick of it.

So, when I looked into the fridge and found a whole pan of leftover ribs staring back at me, I knew that I needed to do something different.

So, I "re-purposed" them (how's that for a buzzword?) and made Pulled Pork Sandwiches for dinner.

I just plopped a few of the ribs into a large casserole bowl and microwaved it for 3 minutes. Then I used two forks to pull the pork into long strands. I added a little bit more sauce (cuz that's all I had left!) and mixed it up. Then I served it on hamburger buns from the freezer and leftover pasta salad.

My husband and I gobbled it up.

No comments: