Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday

Wow, what a great feeling to look at my freezer and see it brimming with meats. I already had plenty of ground beef and chicken pieces, and now I have round steak, ribs, chicken breasts, and pork butt roast. I divided each thing into four different servings, so we have a ton. And we only spent about $45.

Right now I have a pork roast in the crockpot with a little water. When it is done I will shred it up and add bbq sauce (77c a bottle) and serve it on the buns that I pulled off the markdown shelf for 99c.

I also made a potato salad http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Creamy-Potato-Salad-2. I only made a small batch because Tyler won't eat it and I'm not sure if Katelyn will. Jim will only eat a little, too, so I don't want a ton having to be thrown out.

Speaking of thrown out, Katelyn didn't eat the deviled eggs. Grrr!! She forgot. So I'll have to throw out about eight of them. I eat some, but couldn't eat them all.

No comments: