Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu-Plan Monday!

With camp last week and all the cooking that went with it, I was feeling quite uninspired and unambitious when I sat down to write out my menu. I did it last Friday as we were down to bare bones after camp. So, here's the menu for the week.

Friday: I actually found some rib-eye steaks on the clearance rack, so I picked up two packages for a nice treat. My husband was quite thrilled with me ;-)~ I also steamed half of the asparagus that I bought. Rice.

Saturday: Fried Breaded Pork Chops, finish the box of instant mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, green beans

Sunday: Sesame Pork Ribs, left-over mashed potatoes and gravy, corn

Monday: Spaghetti, green beans, homemade french rolls

Tuesday: Tacos (I always put cooked pinto beans into my ground beef to make it stretch more!)

Wednesday: Something with a whole chicken

So, we are set. However, I am dealing with that feeling I get sometimes that we have nothing to eat. I know this is not true, its just because my pantry is not as stocked as it had been. So, I'm seriously resisting the urge to shop until the new sales come out on Wednesday

No comments: